4 Bathrooms (3 full, 1 half)
4 Baths (3 full, 1 half)
Welcome to the Cannery! This historic waterfront property offers private beaches, incredible views and wildlife, an 8-person spa, an outdoor kitchen and fireplace, two outdoor showers, a firepit, a kayak/canoe launch, pond, creek, gazebo with benches (perfect for picnics), creekside Tea House & multiple entertainment areas.
The mild microclimate of Alsea Bay results in temperatures generally 10 degrees warmer than oceanfront, and rarely experiences the high winds found on the ocean.
Hydrobikes, Kayaks and a 5-person Paddle Boat are complimentary to our guests. A liability waiver and credit card information is required for any loss or damage to the watercraft.
FAQ - Why don’t you allow pets? Don’t you like dogs?
ANSWER - We LOVE dogs. We have four Rottweilers and a Bombay cat who thinks he is the fifth Rottweiler.
Because we live here for much of the year, we are unable to accept pets except in the limited circumstances described below.
This is because our dogs, while friendly and loving towards our guests, (they have welcomed guests from 18 months to 95) are territorial, as are all dogs, and because of their size we cannot take a chance on the safety of our guests beloved pets. Nor do we want our dogs locked inside our home because we are fearful of them getting into an altercation with a guest’s pet. That is not fair to them.
Almost all of our other listings are extremely pet friendly, with treats, toys and dog water and food bowls. You can click on our other listings to see where we can happily welcome your fur baby.
As far as the exceptions to having pets at this property, they are as follows:
1. Your dog or dogs (max 2) must be extra large, i.e., over 90 pounds. Our dogs are between 130 - 165 pounds.
2. Your dog(s) must be non-dog aggressive.
3. You must be an experienced dog handler with excellent control of your pet(s).
4. You must agree to a dog introduction shortly after your arrival, led by us, and agree to waive any liability for any and all damages or injuries to you or your dog(s) that result from you bringing your dog onto the property.
5. There is a pet fee and standard requirements as far as cleaning up after your pet(s).
Having met all of these requirements, it is a doggy paradise here, and if we find guests who have compatible pups we are happy to welcome new friends for our dogs.
Please inquire with us directly and do not instant book if you want to bring your dogs, so we can make sure this is a safe situation for your pets.